The Town Dish team hand-picked six Chester County couples–from West Chester, Kennett Square, Phoenixville and the Main Line, to Downingtown and Exton–and asked them to reveal their gift-shopping secrets, including what they intend to gift their other half and what they think the other is dying to see under the Christmas tree.
Whether you’re looking for gift-gifting inspiration or you simply want to see if our males and females successfully hand-picked this year’s prefect presents, this gift guide is surely for you. But, don’t delay: Christmas is only a few days away, so you better start your local shopping today!
- Male: Brad Weinstein, 35, Restaurateur
- Female: Deb Weinstein, mid 30’s, Service Director
- How long have you been together? Married 7 years, together 12 years
What do they really want? What gift do you know your main squeeze would go gaga over and why?
- His response: Nothing makes a woman go gaga more than a nice piece of jewelery–in my wife’s case a Michele watch from Benari(299 Main Street, Exton).
- Her response: Brad would go gaga over would be a new HDTV for our family room. He is a little spoiled with the TVs he is around all day while working at Appetites on Main (86 Main Street, Exton)!
What gift will they get? What is it, why will they love it?
- His response: My wife has two full-time jobs, her job at SEI and full-time mother and wife, so I know she would love a day at the Avante Spa (98 Main Street, Exton) for the relaxation package which includes Paraffin Hand Dip, Anti Stress Massage, Express Facial and Soothing Foot Bath. In her busy life, nothing better than a day of being pampered and no husband or kids to worry about (at least for a few hours).
- Her response: One of the gifts Brad will be getting for the holidays is a gift certificate to Shaving Grace (269 Main Street, Exton) so get can get pampered with either a massage or having his head shaved with the warm lather. He works long hours some days so it will be nice for him to sit back and relax.
Favorite Chester County Spot to Gift Shop–and why?
- His response: I am a huge sports fan and I love collecting sports memorabilia, so I go to the Exton Square Mall (260 Exton Square Parkway) to BC Sports where I can get autographed items, jerseys of my favorite players, valuable baseball cards and more.
- Her response: My favorite place to gift shop right now is Target, with both our kids and all the birthday parties for friends and family, we always seem to need a children’s gift. They has a great toy selection for all ages. I love the convenience of all the variety of items they sale, so they usually have what I am looking for on any given trip to Target. In addition to children’s items, they have a great selection of house-hold items–from storage bins starting at $10 to organize the kids toys to a small kitchen appliances starting at $25, to clothes/shoes for any budget.
Ultimate Chester County Gift Find–and why.
- His response: I love to go out to eat and Chester County has so many great restaurants, so I love getting gift certificates from some of my favorites to go out with my family–like Victory Brewing Company, Roccos for their great brick-oven pizza and a decent beer selection, or Nudy’s Cafe if its breakfast/lunch time.
- Her response: Anything from Springboard Media (290 Main St., Exton), they specialize in Apple products and you do not need to go to the King of Prussia Mall for Apple expertise. After shopping, there are plenty of restaurants in the shopping center to get a bite to eat or a drink.
For the full Chester County Couples’ Holiday Gift Guide, click here.