There is more than one way to support sustainable and this September, that means hopping on the old saddle and biking your way to a better future. Pennsylvania’s Association of Sustainable Agriculture is hosting their 5th Annual Bike Fresh Bike Local event on Sunday, September 23 from 7 am until 4 pm. The ride starts & finishes at Chester County’s famous beer destination, and PASA’s Event Partner, Victory Brewing Company. This fun, annual bike race provides the perfect opportunity to get some exercise, support PASA’s work in Eastern Pennsylvania on behalf of family farms, enjoy the fruits of their labor with a fresh, local lunch, and participate in the “new this year” bike swap.
The ride offers different route options from 25 to 75 milers, which is perfect for those who haven’t been on their bike in a while but also great for cyclists looking for a challenge. Get your family, friends and co-workers out to appreciate the beautiful rolling hills of Chester County and see where PASA’s food comes from!
The event is held rain or shine and online registration costs $40 until September 18th. Walk-in registration will be $45 at the event. PASA also gratefully welcomes additional donations, which anyone can add at the time of registration.
The registration fee will snag you:
- Your choice of a 25, 50 or 75 mile bike route on some of the area’s most beautiful roads (all routes begin & end at the Downingtown Tech Center, adjacent to Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown)
- Delicious local foods lunch and an award-winning Victory draft beef after the ride (for riders 21+ years of age)
- New this year – a bike swap meet where you can pick up all of the gear you’ve been coveting this winter!
- Detailed cue sheets, SAG support & friendly volunteer help
- Well-stocked rest stops
- An eco-friendly water bottle (for advance registrants only)
- A fun day supporting local food & farmers
7am – 8am Registration for 75 mile riders
8am – 9am Registration for 50 mile riders
10:30am – 11am Registration for 25 mile riders